Mosquitos are one of the top nuisance pests south Texas encounters. Especially in Houston, mosquitoes can reek havoc to any backyard pool party, weekend picnic, or any summer outdoor activity. Not only are they a nuisance, they are carriers, or vectors, for some of humanity’s most deadly illnesses, and they are public enemy number one in the fight against global infectious disease.
Mosquito-borne diseases cause millions of deaths worldwide every year with a disproportionate effect on children and the elderly in developing countries. Now with the new Zika virus gaining ground, it’s even more important to keep your home and yard mosquito free.
Pynamite’s new “cube” mosquito misting system a great way rid your yard of these pesky insects. Mosquitoes are most active at dusk and dawn, so by having our mosquito misting system spray our special chemical it will attack the mosquitoes while flying. There’s even a 10 gallon mobile misting system, that will keep your camp site or block party mosquito free also.
Call McGrath Pest Control for a free inspection and proposal.
Fun facts about mosquitoes:
- Mosquitoes don’t have teeth.
- A mosquito can drink up to three times its weight in blood.
- Female mosquitoes can lay up to 300 eggs at a time.
- Mosquitoes spend their first 10 days in water.
- At temperatures less than 50 degrees, mosquitoes will hibernate.
- The average mosquito lifespan is less than two months.