Houston Flea Control
Houston Flea Control and Flea Exterminator
Flea infestations are most likely to occur during the warm, moist months of the year in our South Texas and Metro Houston climate. Long before you notice the problem, the flea population may be building up where your pet normally rests. The population, in the form of eggs, larvae and pupae have been building up all year long, but rapid development into biting adults is not completed until the temperature and humidity rise to needed levels. Do you have a question or concern about flea problems in your home? Call McGrath Pest Control Service—experts in Houston flea control and flea exterminator services.
Does Your Home Have Flea Problems?
If your animal has a flea problem you will notice hair loss, frequently around the base of the tail, and they may repeatedly bite and scratch that area, sometimes until it becomes raw. Thus, even though humans may not be bothered at all, your family pet may be in great distress. Fleas are attracted to some people more than others. Some people are allergic to the flea saliva and experience distress even though they are not getting bitten any more often than anyone else. People with particularly sensitive skin may suffer intense itching for up to a week and sometimes have a general rash that continues to irritate their skin. Contact McGrath Pest Control Service for expert Houston flea control. We would be happy to help in eradicating fleas in your home.
Preparing for Your Flea Treatment
Before the McGrath Pest Control Flea Treatment is performed, the following must be completed by the customer:
Interior Flea Treatment:
- Pick up all clothes and toys from the ground.
- Remove and wash all bedding, including all bedding and sleeping blankets for pets.
- Vacuum and sweep all floors being treated. Throw away trash and vacuum cleaner bags and clean the vacuum cleaner.
- Remove all animals from home while being treated. Wash and dip them in flea treatment.
- Vacate the property for at least an hour or two after treatment is performed.
- Make sure all surface areas are dry before returning.
- Upon returning, vacuum and sweep all treated areas again. Dispose of or clean out the vacuum cleaner.
- Repeat these steps for the next three days.
Exterior Flea Treatment:
- Mow lawn prior to treatment applications.
- Avoid watering the grass 12 hours before and 24 hours after treatment.
- Keep all children and animals off the lawn until completely dry, usually for about an hour or two.
On most occasions, both interior and exterior treatments require a double application to ensure the flea life cycle is broken up to prevent further infestations. Call McGrath Pest Control Service for Houston flea control and flea extermination for your home.
Metro Houston's Leader for Total Flea Control
For two generations since 1974, McGrath Pest Control has carved out a solid reputation for providing old-fashioned customer service with updated technology and safe and modern methods for superior pest control, including flea control and flea exterminator services. We serve Metro Houston, including:
Expert Flea Control and Extermination Services for Houston
You have an expert Houston flea control and flea extermination service provider on your side with McGrath Pest Control Service of Metro Houston. Contact us to get your flea problems under control fast, completely and affordably!